Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Andargachew Tsege’s Sister Letter to Her Majesty the British Queen June 30, 2015


Ms BEZUAYEHU Tsege (Furo) | 23 June 2015
Your Majesty,
I never imagined in my wildest dreams, since my arrival here in UK 1974, that, there could be a moment, when, I will be forced to write a letter, to you, the Queen. However, here I am, as Charles Dickon’s said ‘Life is what happens when you are busy of making other plans’.
Andargachew Tsege with family in London
Andargachew Tsege with his partner, Yemi Hailemariam, two twins and 15-year-old daughter.
My name is Bezuayehu Furo (Tsege) a sister of Andargachew Tsege, both British Nationals. My brother Andergachew knowing to his friends as Andy came to Britain 1979 escaping death and torture in Ethiopia. He has now been lived in UK for the last 35 years; has a partner, fourteen years old daughter and eight years old twins. He has also six brothers and sisters, 12 nephews and nieces all British nationals, among them, there are Lawyers, Architects, Economists, and an officer in the US Marines. We have eighty five years of old father living in Ethiopia who has served his country for over fifty years.
Your Majesty,
My brother Andargachew was kidnapped by a group of security men while transiting through Sana’a International airport on June 23rd 2014 traveling on his British Pass port. In few hours he was rendered to Ethiopia gaged and blind folded, without any due process, even a notification to the British authorities. In fact, it was after two weeks of his disappearance the Ethiopian government authorities admitted that they are holding him in captivity. My brother has now been held incommunicado solitary dentition at an undisclosed location in Ethiopia for the last one year. Apart from three brief accesses given to the British Ambassador, my brother has been continually denied a right to consular or a family visit. His right to legal consular or independent medical assessment were not even considered. According to the last brief report from the British Ambassador in Addis Ababa, my brother’s metal and physical state is significantly deteriorating.
Your Majesty
That is what prompted me to write you this letter. The family has suffered a loss of another brother during the 1970’s killings. The same nightmare is coming back to hunt us now. You can imagine what this situation means for 85 years old frail father and kids of very young age in the family.
Your Majesty
My brother’s only ‘crime’ is his everlasting strong desire to see the Ethiopian people enjoy the value of humanity, justice, freedom and democracy, that he and the family have been privileged to enjoy, during the last 35 years stay in UK.
Your Majesty
I strongly believe that a person like my brother Andargachew and the family do not deserve this kind of horrible treatment. That is why on behalf of him and the family humbly beg you to intervene in his case and do whatever you can at your disposal, to help him and us cut short of this every day suffering we are subjected to, for the last 12 months.
I would like to thank you in advance, on behalf my brother, the family and myself.
Humbly Yours
Bezuayehu Tsege (Furo)                sourse ecdef

No comments: