Friday, June 20, 2014

Seattle resident Yaddi releases first Reggae album

 
Ethiomedia
June 19, 2014



Yaddi Bojia
"Two and a half years of hard work have culminated in the launching of a solo CD," says Yaddi Bojia, a resident of the city of Seattle. Yaddi has named his solo CD “Yaddi Bojia Feat. Iré." In this CD, Iré and Yaddi worked together and produced 11 songs. Yaddi said he wrote all the lyrics while the music and engineering is made by Iré at the Mankind Music Production studios in Seattle, mastered by the amazing Mel Dettmer at Studio Soli in Seattle. Yaddi was joined by great musicians like Anthony “cricket” Cusenza on guitar, Mark Oi on guitar, Puddu Dawes on Guitar and Todd Floyd on Saxophone. This CD is produced by Mankind Music Production and Yaddi Bojia.ARTIST STATEMENT:
Music was my first love, it always felt like I was destined to be a musician of some kind, even from the early age of 4. Through music, I am visible, boundry-less and care free. I have a voice to raise my concerns, to speak, to praise, to celebrate, to mourn and to remember. Yet, with all it’s values to me, I kept it on the back burner, it felt like the fire that lit in me in early age would fade out in time yet, it only became more powerful the older I got. I re-introduced myself to music through a local reggae band “the Crucialites” in 2006. My friend and the band’s founder Scott Mosher asked me to joint the band as a back up vocalist and I accepted. With the Crucialites, I performed in different venues and opened for different known bands. Bands like, Morgan Heritage, Twinkle Brothers, Clinton Fearon and Boogie brown Band and Winston “Flames” Jarrett. In 2008, we released our first CD entitled “Lion Ridge” under Lion Ridge records label. I sang lead and back up vocals including “Tamami”, a song I wrote. In 2009 ,I left the Crucialites to focus on my new born daughter, Becca, and son, Isaiah. The Crucialites and Scott Mosher gave me an incredible experience and a lifetime opportunity for which I am very grateful and thankful for. Two years later, I ran into Iré Taylor, who I knew from the Boogie Brown Band and his amazing work with the Culture band way back then when the band released “One Stone”. I have to say, I was one of his admirers and it came as a surprise to me when he expresses his willingness to work with me. I jumped on the opportunity, little did I know, Iré was what I had been waiting for all this years. Iré has such a talent for great music and we share the same musical ideals - music as a tool for social change and music from the heart. A music of Mankind.
In 2013, we released our first single entitled “African Union” under ManKind Music Production. I wrote the songs lyrics and Iré created the music and recording. We both performed in the song and the single was very successful. “African Union” single made it to I-tunes top African Reggae singles for 2014 in #5 and we were covered by media like Voice of America, Salon Ethiopia, Tadias, Ethiopian Television, Zimbabwe Kid, DireTube, Ethiotube and others. Our music video played in live Ethiopian TV shows like Hibret Trit with a line up of Bob Marley, Angelique Kudjo and Salif Kaita. Our music video also was selected by US and African websites and got a views all over the world.

No comments: